General Event Details:
- Friday March 27th - 5pm-9pm
- Team check-in and safety inspection slots available.
- Turn in documentation binder for review / scoring
- Team interviews slots available.
- Saturday March 28th - COMPETITION DAY!
- 8am-11:30am - Safety inspection and team interviews
- 12 pm - Competition Begins!
- Double elimination bracket style tournament
- Battles will last 3 minutes or until a team surrenders
- Judged on Aggression / Control / Damage
- Overall Scoring - Grand Champion:
- Battle Performance - 50 points (Top points awarded to 1st place team with decreasing points for each subsequent position)
- Documentation - 10 points
- Team Interview - 10 points (Looking for full team participation and knowledge of the bot build)
- Grand Champion - $1,000
- Battle Winner, Runner Up, Third Place (Team trophy and participant medals)
- Best Documentation Award - $500
NRL Innovation Award Details:
Winning innovations should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Quality: The innovation increases engineering quality of the Bot.
- Efficiency: The innovation contributes to more efficient Bot building processes.
- Cost Effectiveness: The innovation adds value to the Bot building process while containing or reducing costs.
- Replication: The innovation is easy to replicate by other teams.
- Creativity: The innovation is original and creative.
- Timeliness: The innovation has not been used by the team in the past.
Be sure to bring the following items with you:
1. Safety glasses for everyone who will be in the pit area
2. Extension cord and multi-plug or power strip for your pit table
3. Wood block for working on your bot in the pit
4. Personal tools
Team Resource Guide - Great info on building a bot with a plan.
Competition Rules and Regulations - Of course there are rules!
NRL Technical Regulations - specific details of what your bot must/can/cannot have.
Safety Checklists - Includes both a functional and internal inspection.
Documentation Details - Details what your binder should include and will be scored on.
NRL Participant Waiver - Required for all team members and must be signed by parents/guardians prior to arrival.
Bot Build Kits:
There are many DIY kits available for teams looking for a more custom kit.
Paulo Heat Treating - They will heat treat parts at no charge to the team.
Scholarship Opportunities for Seniors:
Ready to get started? Here's information about the kit you'll need to build your bot for BotsSTL. You'll want part number GRS1020T. The cost is $1000 plus $20 shipping. This purchase includes the curriculum package with project construction, which is advised for first time users.
You can find the credit card order form HERE.